The world around us has changed dramatically since the COVID-19 pandemic. With many of us now working from home and communicating virtually, it’s been a huge shift from the way we used to communicate. As Fry & Brown have moved forward, we as individuals have certainly had a feeling that something has been missing. When the rest of the household goes back to school or work after Christmas there is certainly a very empty feeling in my home office.
Jane and I both have a strong preference for home working. Being able to be home for the children and avoiding the long commute (both living outside London) is a large part of the reason we set up our business. But despite embracing technology and consistently arranging meetings, we still haven’t quite been able to put our finger on what it is that is missing, and how mentally tough it can be.
We’ve been able to come up with a few little tips worth sharing that helped us during 2022:
- We regularly re-consider how we can improve our communication.
- We use technology to our advantage, to stay connected, and to seek out new products and demo’s to get improve our connections.
- We use video conferencing to learn more about one another as well as ourclients.
- We try to avoid only 1 to 1 meetings, and involve more people.
- We’re reintroducing the face to face coffee to really get to know our contacts.
- We seek out networking events to expand the network.
The way we communicate will continue to evolve and it’s up to us to embrace the changes and make the most of it.
#communication #VirtualNetworking #AdaptToChange #legalnetworking #legalrecruitment